In this episode, Alex McRobert also known as Alex McRobs or Sober Yoga Girl shares her transformational journey from party girl to International Yoga Teacher & Sobriety Coach.
Alex runs a beautiful, heart-centered business called The Mindful Life Practice which reaches across the globe, offering a full schedule of yoga classes and a variety of self-help resources, as well as Sober Curious Yoga Challenges and 200-Hr and Advanced 300-Hr Yoga Teacher Trainings. Alex is also the host of the Sober Yoga Girl Podcast and has become a prominent voice bringing conversations about mental health and sobriety into the mainstream.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Alex’s experience living in the Middle East while struggling with alcohol and her mental health
- Identifying she had a problem and getting sober
- How the path of yoga has supported Alex’s sober journey
- The importance of sharing your story
- The impact of the pandemic on alcohol use disorder and mental health
- Tips & resources for thriving in sobriety