In this very special episode, Mary interviews her teacher and greatest recovery inspiration, Nikki Myers!
Nikki Myers is the Founder of Y12SR (Yoga of 12-Step Recovery), a relapse prevention program that weaves the art & science of yoga with the practical tools of 12-step programs. She is an MBA, E-RYT500, Yoga Therapist, Somatic Experiencing Practitioner, Addictions Recovery Specialist.
Her impactful work has been featured in the New York Times, Black Enterprise, The Huffington Post, Origin Magazine, CBSnews.com and countless podcasts. She is honored to be a co-founder of the annual Yoga, Meditation and Recovery Conferences at Esalen Institute and Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health. Nikki has been featured as a keynote speaker at the International Association of Yoga Therapist (IAYT) conference and the International Conference on Integrative Medicine at Harvard Medical School. She was named a Yoga Journal Game Changer and is an honored recipient of the esteemed NUVO Cultural Visionary Award., and Ayurvedic Specialist.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Nikki’s recovery journey
- Weaving together 12-Step Recovery and the Path of Yoga
- The impact of the pandemic on addiction and mental health
- The power of community
- Addiction in the family and the emerging research on epigenetics
- How to address a loved one struggling with addiction
- How to free yourself from addiction
- Nikki’s incredible resources for recovery support