Cole teaches yoga in many capacities from online to festivals to international retreats, but her flow, passion, and most fluent language lay in supporting people who have also traversed the narrow dark halls of addiction and are ready to emerge into a thriving life beyond.
She believes in utilizing curiosity and intellect, both mental and somatic, to peel back our many layers and find more freedom in our lives. Her teachings are a modge-podge of playful sequencing, Yoga and Buddhist philosophy, all on a bedrock of compassionate self-inquiry.
In this conversation, we discuss:
- Cole’s experience with addiction
- How substances became a means to cope with social anxiety, teenage pregnancy & shame
- Relapse on the road to recovery
- Emotional literacy
- Our human need for belonging
- How the tools of Yoga, Buddhism, Neuroscience and Psychology support sustainable recovery
Below are links to connect with Cole and access her programs:
Emerge Recovery Program: https://emergerecovery.com/
Yoga Trainings: https://themindfulishschool.com/