Jamie Marich, Ph.D., LPCC-S, LICDC-CS, REAT, RYT-500, RMT (she/they) travels internationally speaking on topics related to EMDR therapy, trauma, addiction, expressive arts and mindfulness while maintaining a private practice and online education operations, the Institute for Creative Mindfulness, in her home base of Warren, OH.
She is the developer of the Dancing Mindfulness approach to expressive arts therapy, and the developer of Yoga for Clinicians. Jamie is the author of numerous books, including the popular EMDR Made Simple, Trauma Made Simple, and Process Not Perfection. She is the co-author of EMDR Therapy and Mindfulness for Trauma Focused Care, and Healing Addiction with EMDR Therapy: A Trauma-Focused Guide. North Atlantic Books published a revised and expanded edition of Trauma and the 12 Steps in the Summer of 2020, and they are also publishing The Healing Power of Jiu-Jitsu: A Guide to Transforming Trauma and Facilitating Recovery and Dissociation Made Simple (both due out in 2022).
Jamie is a woman living unapologetically with a Dissociative Disorder, and this forms the basis of her award-winning passion for advocacy in the mental health field.
In this conversation, we discuss:
- Jamie’s Recovery Journey
- How trauma is defined
- The relationship between trauma and addiction
- The connection between addiction and dissociation
- The virtues and pitfalls of the 12-Steps
- How we can adapt the 12-
- Steps to be more trauma-informed
- How to find a meeting that’s right for you
- How to find a sponsor or mentor
- Overcoming spiritual abuse and religious trauma
- The healing power of animals