Jen Hirst is a sober & fitness coach, speaker and founder of LivingZeroProof. She is also a graphic designer by day, a wife and mother of two children.
Sober since April 24, 2013, Jen coaches women struggling with alcohol on how to implement healthy habits to manage stress and overwhelm to forge a sustainable path to recovery. Throughout her nine years living alcohol-free, she values the importance of taking care of all aspects of your health in sobriety: your physical health and your mental health. Jen preaches that exercise is the best medicine, and by moving your body… you can change your mind.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Jen’s history with drinking
- Using Adderall to fuel workaholism & perfectionism
- The stages of recovery
- Navigating shame
- Embracing your introvert
- The importance of self-care in recovery
- Alcohol in the health & wellness industry
- Jen’s best tips for sustainable sobriety